On the 7th-8th and 9th of April 2017, the biggest technology and innovation exhibition in Western Greece “Patras Innovation Quest – PatrasIQ” was held in Patras.
Exhibition Patras Innovaton Quest – PatrasIQ, is know-how transfer event aimed to develop and strengthen cooperation among the research community and the productive sector, benefiting the citizens of the area in several ways:
- Through the implementation of research and innovation in the production industry, which develops new competitive products, generates new needs and ultimately creates new jobs, which in turn provide income in the region and multiplying benefits to the national economy.
- Through the attraction of investors from Greece and abroad, who can utilize local know how and invest in products and services, thereby increasing the competitiveness of the local and national economy with all parallel positive effects.
- Exhibits and models of innovative research products
- Applied Research Presentations
- Speeches by founders of startups and innovative SMEs
- Lectures on technology transfer issues, intellectual property and resources to finance the conversion of innovative ideas into products.
The University of Patras participated in the exhibition with an expo booth where many of the University’s technological and innovation solutions were demonstrated. Among them UoP presented/demonstrated the CIPSEC EU project and its association with innovation to Critical Infrastructure Security and IoT Security. In the UoP booth, the CIPSEC project flyers were distributed and the CIPSEC poster was displayed. Visitors of PatrasIQ expressed vivid interest for the CIPSEC solution and Critical Infrastructure Security in general.